May 15, 2019

Favorite Pie Shops in New York City

I take pie very seriously. It's in my top three favorite carbs, lol. So I made it my mission to try all of the pie shops in NYC that I could find. I'd already been to a couple last fall, but I expanded my search earlier this spring. And I'm here to tell you what pie to get if you go to Manhattan or Brooklyn.

1. Four & Twenty Blackbirds (Gowanus or Prospect Heights, Brooklyn)
This is the one that I feel everyone recommends, and for good reason. The salted caramel apple is delicious.

2. Blue Stove (Williamsburg, Brooklyn)
They're more seasonal about their offerings, but also don't go with just one kind in mind because their online seasonal menu isn't always accurate. It feels very neighborhood-y inside, and they also do quiches and chicken pot pies (which I sadly have yet to try because they were out last time, when I really wanted pot pie, too).

3. Petee's Pie Company (Lower East Side)
Just steps from the Tenement Museum, this tiny little pie shop feels warm and inviting. They have a variety, and I loved the blueberry pie with crumb topping.

4. Daly Pie (Prospect Heights, Brooklyn)
This is a short walk from the Prospect Heights Four & Twenty Blackbirds location, so if you want all the pie in one day, this is what I recommend. Their little hand pies are great, as are their normal-sized ones.

5. The Little Pie Company (Hell's Kitchen)
Inside, this feels like a bakery from the second half of the 20th century. They mostly have whole pies or mini ones, but they do usually have three pies you can get slices of.


Update: Before I left the city, I got to try Two Little Red Hens on the Upper East Side and the pie at Bubby's (the Tribeca location) as well. Definitely recommend.


There's still a few more I wish I'd had time to try, like the legendary Pies 'n' Thighs in Williamsburg, or the pie at Bubby's, or the offerings at Butter & Scotch. But I'm so happy with all the pies I got to try and I hope I'll get to eat them again soon. And I'm also looking forward to getting Proper Pie as often as I want.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...