January 2, 2015

Random Friday: Favorite Pieces of Art


Want to participate in Random Fridays? Just do the following: 
  • Include the above image in your post and link back to my post.
  • Blog about this week's topic.
  • Add the link to your Random Friday at the bottom of this post.
I am by no means a big fan of art or an artist myself. Anything I draw is about on the level of the average 6-year-old. But I do appreciate art, particularly the pieces I'm about to list.

La Petite Danseuse de Quatorze Ans (Edgar Degas)
This will forever be one of my favorite sculptures, and Degas has created some of my favorite pieces overall. I actually have a miniature replica in my bedroom at home.

The Cliff Walk at Pourville (Claude Monet)
Fun fact: this is one of the rare paintings where Monet included people. It resides at the Chicago Art Institute, and we have a copy in our living room, so I've seen this painting my whole life.

Two Sisters (On the Terrace) (Pierre-Auguste Renoir)
I love the colors of this one and its intricate simplicity.

A Sunday Afternoon on the Island of La Grand Jatte (Georges Seurat)
I grew up seeing this painting at the Art Institute every time I went, and it's even more amazing in person.

Nighthawks (Edward Hopper)
Another resident of the Art Institute (I'm seeing a theme here...). Yeah, this one is pretty famous, but that's not why I like it.

Starry Night Over the Rhone (Vincent Van Gogh)
I actually like this better than the ever-popular Starry Night

The Rehearsal of the Ballet on the Stage (Edgar Degas)

One of the Thorne Rooms (Narcissa Thorne)
And of course I can't do a post about art without mentioning my favorite exhibit at the Art Institute of Chicago. Here's one of the Victorian era rooms decorated for Christmas!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...