Hosted by The Broke and the Bookish
I decided to go a little more general than the original topic because I'm not the biggest John Green fan, and I'm not great at recommending books for fans of The Hunger Games and Divergent. But if you've really only read popular YA, than you need to read this titles.
1. Dissonance by Erica O'Rourke
Epic, trippy worldbuilding, beautiful covers for this duology, and parallel universes!
2. Don't Fail Me Now by Una LaMarche
So there's a road trip for fans of Paper Towns and there's diversity and this was a really good book.
3. Pivot Point by Kasie West
More parallel universes, but also sort-of super powers and fun romance.
4. Better off Friends by Elizabeth Eulberg
I love, love, love the friends-to-something-more trope. Plus, this book has a rich setting.
5. Rites of Passage by Joy N. Hensley
This is one I hear very few people talk about, outside of a few bloggers. More people need to read Rites of Passage.
6. Landry Park by Bethany Hagen
Sad about Downton Abbey's impeding final season? Then you've got to read this dystopian book that's reminiscent of the world of Downton Abbey!
7. Since You've Been Gone by Morgan Matson
Friendship books are the bomb, and this is one of the best and most realistic.
8. My Heart and Other Black Holes by Jasmine Warga
Maybe you've read The Fault in Our Stars or All the Bright Places. Well now you need to read this moving story.
9. Time Between Us by Tamara Ireland Stone
Yes to time travel.
10. The Art of Lainey by Paula Stokes
Character growth, a swoony love interest, and lots of baking.