March 13, 2016

Rewind & Review #57


Summary of the last two weeks:
~I had my first American Lit exam, and that was the longest time it's ever taken me on a test, so I'm definitely nervous.
~I submitted an application for an internship in RVA for the summer. Praying I get it.
~I baked chocolate chip cookies without baking soda or baking powder; they turned out pretty well, but I'm going to use baking soda from now on.
~I longed for spring break.
~I enjoyed the warmer weather. The past week has been glorious.
~I'm home for six days. I get to sleep in a comfy bed, eat good food, and read lots. (Well, and do homework.)

Books I Received for Review
Summer Days & Summer Nights by various authors (from St. Martin's Griffin via NetGalley)
A Daring Sacrifice by Jody Hedlund (from Zondervan Kidz via NetGalley)
Burn Baby Burn by Meg Medina (from Candlewick via NetGalley)
All the Feels by Danika Stone (from Swoon Reads via NetGalley)

Books I Won/Traded for/was Gifted
Traitor Angels by Anne Blankman (ARC)
The Winner's Curse by Marie Rutkoski (ARC)
The Secrets of Attraction by Robin Constantine (HC) (traded with Stephanie)
At Your Service by Jen Malone (gifted by Jessica)

Books I Bought

Books I Read
Emmy & Oliver by Robin Benway (reread)
Girl on a Wire by Gwenda Bond (3 stars)
Flygirl by Sherri L. Smith (3.5 stars)
Stars Above by Marissa Meyer (4 stars)
The Mystery of Hollow Places by Rebecca Podos (2 stars)
A Daring Sacrifice by Jody Hedlund
The Scorpio Races by Maggie Stiefvater (DNF)
Summer Days & Summer Nights by various authors
Burn Baby Burn by Meg Medina (DNF)
The Possibility of Now by Kim Culbertson (4 stars)
Dumplin' by Julie Murphy (3 stars)
Grave Mercy by Robin LaFevers (reread)

Blog Posts You Might've Missed
   (From 2/29-3/5)
   (From 3/6-3/12)
  • Hamilton Book Tag
  • TTT: Spring 2016 Reads
  • Why I Love The Start of Me and You
  • Random Friday: Bookmarks
  • More "Girly" Books for Manly Guys
  • Review: What You Always Wanted by Kristin Rae
  • TTT: Books I Love But Haven't Talked About Recently
  • Making Time for Reading
  • Review: Girl in the Blue Coat by Monica Hesse
  • I'm Maybe a Poet, and I Know It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...