November 10, 2018

The Reputation Book Tag

Are you ready for it?


When trawling the Internet for book tags since I'm running out of post ideas, I found a Taylor Swift book tag I somehow haven't done yet. So of course I have to now.



...Ready For It? - Your favorite first book in a series.

I have a few actually, but I gotta go with Heist Society by Ally Carter.
6574102
It's just such a stellar showing.


End Game - The biggest end game you've ever rooted for.

My gut is telling me to go with Claudia and Gideon from Foolish Hearts.
33275690
Claudia is my imperfect, uncertain child and Gideon is a pure cinnamon roll.


I Did Something Bad - A book you spoiled for someone.

I'm usually good about not spoiling books for people, but I somehow managed to spoil the end of Allegiant two different times for two different friends. RIP.
17383918
Thankfully, those friends still talk to me.


Don't Blame Me - The most embarrassing/unlikely book you're crazy for.

I tend to not read books I'd be embarrassed by? The most unlikely book I've liked, though, is A Natural History of Dragons.
12974372
I'm not big on adult fantasy, and - don't shoot me - but I don't really care about dragons in my fantasy books. But I really liked this series' approach to them!


Delicate - A book you fell in love with from the first page.

This is hard, because it's not usually a first page sort of thing for me. It's usually a first chapter thing. So, if we go with that, my choice would be...
39280480
Famous in a Small Town by Emma Mills


Look What You Made Me Do - A character who figuratively rose up from the dead. (Like they leveled up and became a better version of themselves.)

I'm gonna have to go with Elisa from The Girl of Fire and Thorns. By the end of the series, she is so strong and smart and loves herself.
10429092


So It Goes... - A series that made everything disappear.

I debated interpreting this one as a series I binged so hard that nothing else mattered or a series I couldn't stop thinking about, above all other series. I decided to go with the latter, in which case, my pick is...
30363359
The Queen's Thief by Megan Whalen Turner


Gorgeous - A character so gorgeous, they make you want to sink and drown and die.

Well, since we don't really know what most characters look like, I'm basing this on personality and swoonworthiness. Which makes this an obvious choice.
Gideon Prewitt from Foolish Hearts.


Getaway Car - A series you abandoned.

So I thought I loved this series, but then I kind of just never finished it? And I have no interest to, oops.
23688792
These Vicious Masks by Tarun Shanker and Kelly Zekas


King of My Heart - My OTP.

I have a few, but I think I'm gonna have to go with Kat and Hale from the Heist Society trilogy.


Dancing With Our Hands Tied - A character you would stick by through an avalanche.

I had a few choices, but I decided to go with Elliot/Ever from Lily Anderson's second novel.
33602144


Dress - Characters you wanted to be more than friends.

Without a doubt, Alina and Nikolai. Sorry for the spoilers, but the Shadow and Bone trilogy has such a disappointing ending when it comes to the romance.


This Is Why We Can't Have Nice Things - A book you physically damaged.


My deepest apologies to A Study in Charlotte, whose jacket I somehow ripped. 
23272028
It was a giant rip, too, right where the jacket meets the edge. Maybe the jacket was mis-sized or something?


Call It What You Want - A book you finally finished this year.

It's not really a matter of "finishing" but reading. And I finally read Emily of Deep Valley this year.
7813011
I read all the Betsy-Tacy books AGES ago, including companion, Carney's House Party. I always wanted to read Emily but could never find a copy until I went to a bookstore in Minnesota.


New Year's Day - A book-related memory you will always hold onto.

I read The Light Between Worlds the weekend I finished my first/second/third (it's complicated) draft of my novel, and I think I'll always link the two as a result.
34842042


So now it's your turn! If you love Taylor Swift and book tags, feel free to do this one, too. Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm going to blast "Getaway Car" and dance around my room.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...