I'm one of those writers who usually needs to write to music. It blocks out distractions and often sets me in the right mood.
My favorite songs when I need to write are...
- "I Know Places" by Taylor Swift
- "The Call" from the Prince Caspian soundtrack
- "Defying Gravity" from Wicked
- "Out Of The Woods" by Taylor Swift
- "Masquerade" by Robosoul (ft. Cid Fox)
- "Love Runs Out" by OneRepublic
- "The Hanging Tree" from Mockingjay Part 1
- "Clean" by Taylor Swift
- "Treacherous" by Taylor Swift
- "Piece by Piece" by Kelly Clarkson
- "All Too Well" by Taylor Swift
- "No Good Deed" from Wicked
- "On the Willows" from Godspell
- "Salvation" by Gabrielle Aplin
But sometimes I need instrumental music to really set the mood and so I'm not so caught up in the lyrics and the desire to sing along. So I have an instrumental playlist, too. It's full of instrumental versions of classic Disney songs, the Downton Abbey theme, music from Pride and Prejudice, Narnia, and Harry Potter, the suites from The Polar Express and Mulan, and the Cloud Atlas finale (because, boy, is that song majestic).
I've talked about listening to music while reading before, and I've mentioned certain songs I've listened to during NaNoWriMo. But what about writing? Are there any songs you have to listen to while writing? Or are you a complete silence type of person?