December 28, 2015

2015 End-of-the-Year Survey: Blogging and Looking Ahead

Time to finish up the survey! 

2015-end-of-year-book-survey-1024x984
Hosted by Jamie at The Perpetual Page-Turner.

book-blogging

1. New Favorite Book Blog
Once again, I can’t remember exactly which blogs I only discovered in 2015 and which I followed before. (I mean, there are ones I know I’ve followed since 2013 or 2014, but it’s still difficult to recall.) I think I’m going to have to say…


2. Favorite Review I Wrote in 2015
Anne & Henry by Dawn Ius (because of my GIF usuage)

3. Best Discussion on My Blog
I really liked It’s Not a Man (from May) and Dear Incoming College Freshmen (from June).

4. Most Thought-Provoking Discussion/Review on Another Blog
Discussion- A Selection of Thoughts on Diverse Books at Forever Literary

5. Best Event I Participated In
Without a doubt, OTSP Secret Sister. I participated in the February-July session and am currently a part of the third session (August-January).

6. Best Moment of My Blogging Life in 2015
When I met a publicist (shout-out to Courtney Griffin!) at a book tour, and she recognized me first.

7. Most Popular Post This Year on Awkwordly Emma
I’m not including giveaway posts in this, so the most popular post is… surprisingly, Taylor Swift and Poetic Devices. I love how I'm technically a book blog but one of my (many) posts about Taylor got more attention than the ones where I talked about books.

8. Post I Wish Got a Little More Love

9. Best Bookish Discovery
Book-themed lip balms! (On Etsy.)

looking-ahead-books-2015

1. Book I Didn't Get to in 2015 That I'm Prioritizing for 2016
Oh, totally, Resonance by Erica O'Rourke. If one of my Secret Sisters doesn't gift it to me soon, I'm just gonna check it out of the library.

2. Book I'm Most Anticipating in 2016 (non-debut)
This is a tough one…I’m gonna have to list a few.
Double Down by Gwenda Bond, When We Collided by Emery Lord, The Unexpected Everything by Morgan Matson, Traitor Angels by Anne Blankman, and The Long Game by Jennifer Lynn Barnes are just a few that come to mind.

3. Most Anticipated 2016 Debut
A Study in Charlotte by Brittany Cavallaro

4. Most Anticipated Series Ender or Sequel
The Winner’s Kiss by Marie Rutkoski
The final Naturals book by Jennifer Lynn Barnes
The final Snow Like Ashes book by Sara Raasch

5. One Thing I Hope to Accomplish in Blogging in 2016
Lol, guess who didn’t accomplish her 2015 goal? (Which was to make it to one bookish convention.) I guess in 2016, I’d like to get an internship in the publishing industry. I know I can’t do a summer one this year, but I’d love to get a remote one with a literary agency.

6. A 2016 Release I've Already Read and Am Recommending
The Girl from Everywhere by Heidi Heilig

So that's the last of my 2015 survey! Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...