December 10, 2015

YA Historical Fiction of 2016 is Squad Goals


So basically...

(I always find a way to fit Taylor into a post.)

All of this is to say that we don't even know all of the YA historical fiction titles releasing in 2016 (although we know most of them) and they're already squad goals. Like I wish I was as pretty and as interesting as them. (Note: the following post includes only the books I'm interested in. There are a few more in a list on Goodreads.)

Who would be squad leader?
I debated this for a while, considering how I can't say one author or book is better than the others yet. So I decided on The Crown's Game by Evelyn Skye, which literally has a crown on the cover. If that doesn't scream leader, I don't know what does.

26156203

Here's the historical fantasy sub-group in the squad (which technically includes The Crown's Game).
Empire of Dust by Eleanor Herman
The Girl from Everywhere by Heidi Heilig
Into the Dim by Janet B. Taylor
Ivory and Bone by Julie Eshbaugh
Passenger by Alexandra Bracken
Revenge and the Wild by Michelle Modesto
Saving Hamlet by Molly Booth
These Vicious Masks by Tarun Shanker and Kelly Zekas
The Vanishing Throne by Elizabeth May

And then we've got the alternate history duo:
Wolf by Wolf #2 by Ryan Graudin
Front Lines by Michael Grant

And the boat trio:
21936937 21979832
20983362
Blackhearts by Nicole Castroman
The Girl from Everywhere by Heidi Heilig
Passenger by Alexandra Bracken

And the 1900s gang:
Pagan Jones #2 by Nina Berry
The Steep and Thorny Way by Cat Winters
Salt to the Sea by Ruta Sepetys
Burn Baby Burn by Meg Medina
The Darkest Hour by Caroline Tung Richmond
Girl About Town by Adam Shankman and Laura L. Sullivan
Girl in the Blue Coat by Monica Hesse
Outrun the Moon by Stacey Lee
Lucky Strikes by Louis Bayard

And then all the others who are just as noteworthy, but try as I might, I couldn't find any special categories to fit every single book:
The Forbidden Orchid by Sharon Biggs Waller
The Innkeeper's Daughter by Cindy Trumbore
Love, Lies & Spies by Cindy Anstey
My Lady Jane by Cynthia Hand, Brodi Ashton, and Jodi Meadows
The Passion of Dolssa by Julie Berry
Stone Field by Christy Lenzi
Traitor Angels by Anne Blankman
A Tyranny of Petticoats edited by Jessica Spotswood

I don't know about you, but I really wish I were a part of this squad.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...