Hosted by Jamie at The Perpetual Page-Turner.
Third year of this book survey, yo! Y'all ready?
1. Number of Books I Read: As of typing up this post on December 24th, 276.
2. Number of Rereads: No idea. I'm an avid re-reader, and I kind of kept track on my spreadsheet, but it doesn't include 2015 releases that I read and then reread.
3. Genre I Read the Most From: It’s a toss-up this year (in my opinion at least). I’ll be posting more of my reading stats in a few days, so come back then to find out.
1. Best Book I Read in 2015
Just like last year, I'm breaking this down by genre.
Contemporary – Devoted by Jennifer Mathieu, Don’t Fail Me Now by Una LaMarche, and Every Last Word by Tamara Ireland Stone
Dystopian/Post-Apocalyptic - Deceptive by Emily Lloyd-Jones
Fantasy – The Wrath and the Dawn by Renee Ahdieh
Middle Grade – Thursdays with the Crown by Jessica Day George
2. Book I Thought I Was Going to Love But Didn't
3. Most Surprising (in a good way) Book of 2015
Wolf by Wolf by Ryan Graudin, Anything Could Happen by Will Walton, and Simon vs. the Homo Sapiens Agenda by Becky Albertalli
4. Book I Recommended the Most
Every Last Word by Tamara Ireland Stone, The Fixer by Jennifer Lynn Barnes, and Lois Lane: Fallout by Gwenda Bond
5. Best Series I Discovered in 2015, Best Sequel, Best Series Ender
The Raven Boys by Maggie Stiefvater
Emeralds & Ashes by Leila Rasheed
6. Favorite Author I Discovered in 2015
7. Best Book Out of My Comfort Zone
The Weight of Feathers by Anna-Marie McLemore or Simon vs.the Homo Sapiens Agenda by Becky Albertalli
8. Most Thrilling, Unputdownable Read
Probably a three-way tie between All In by Jennifer Lynn Barnes, Winter by Marissa Meyer, and Ten Thousand Skies Above You by Claudia Gray. I read all of them while at work, and I think I maybe neglected my duties just a little since I was so absorbed.
9. Book That I'm Most Likely to Reread
Everything I liked. I love to reread books. That's why I own so many books.
10. Favorite Cover of 2015
Written in the Stars by Aisha Saeed
The Start of Me and You by Emery Lord
11. Most Memorable Character of 2015
Grace from All Fall Down by Ally Carter
12. Most Beautifully Written Book
The Game of Love and Death by Martha Brockenbrough
13. Book That Had the Greatest Impact
Every Last Word by Tamara Ireland Stone
14. Book I Can't Believe I Waited Until 2015 to Read
You Are Here by Jennifer E. Smith
15. Favorite Passage or Quote
“In friendship we are all debtors. We all owe each other for a thousand small kindnesses, for little moments of grace in the chaos.” ~ The Start of Me and You by Emery Lord
16. Shortest and Longest Books I Read in 2015
Shortest (not counting e-novellas) - Einstein's Dreams by Alan Lightman (144 pages)
Longest – Winter by Marissa Meyer (827 pages)
17. Book That Had Shocked Me the Most
All In by Jennifer Lynn Barnes
18. Favorite OTP
Marguerite and Paul (Firebird trilogy by Claudia Gray)
19. Favorite Non-Romantic Relationships
Friendship – Paige, Tess, Kayleigh, and Morgan (The Start of Me and You)
Family – Celie and her siblings (Thursdays with the Crown)
20. Favorite Book From an Author I've Previously Read
Well, I won’t let myself choose a sequel, so I’d have to say… Every Last Word by Tamara Ireland Stone
21. Best Book Read Solely on Someone Else's Recommendation
Wolf by Wolf by Ryan Graudin (Shae has done it again. She’s pretty much 3/3—I think that’s how many books she’s recommended to me that I hadn’t already added to my TBR list.)
22. Newest Fictional Crush
I’m…not sure I have one this year! Actually, no, I take that back. I really like Asher Rhodes from The Fixer by Jennifer Lynn Barnes.
23. Best 2015 Debut
The Wrong Side of Right by Jenn Marie Thorne
24. Most Vivid World/Imagery
25. Book That Was the Most Fun to Read
The Stars of Summer by Tara Dairman
26. Book That Made Me Cry
I don’t really cry when I read books. I think I’ve only ever cried during two.
27. Book That Got Overlooked This Year
28. Book That Crushed My Soul
Queen of Shadows by Sarah J. Maas (Doriannnnnnnnnn.)
29. Most Unique Read of 2015
Einstein’s Dreams by Alan Lightman
30. Book That Made Me the Most Mad
Don’t Ever Change by M. Beth Bloom (and definitely not in a good way)
Next part's coming your way on Monday!