October 29, 2015

Interview with a Blogger: Nori of ReadWriteLove28

I'd like to welcome Nori to the blog today. She's a fairly new blogger in the community (compared to me and others at least), but she's already made a splash and she's been doing some big things with authors and other bloggers.

The Blogger
Nori is the blogger at www.readwritelove28.com. She is obsessed with her dog, Ellie Mae, food, and books (of course), especially YA contemporary and fantasy. She is also a beta reader and offers developmental editing services on her blog. In addition, she is the founder of UBUbiz, and hosted Bookitcon, a charity book event in August 2015. You can find Nori online on Twitter, Instagram, Goodreads, Pinterest, and her blog. 

The Interview

Emma: So you run Sunday Street Team and #RQWN (Random Questions With Nori) and you were in charge of Bookitcon! Where did you get the ideas for these events, and what has running them been like?
Nori: To be honest, I can't tell you where all of my ideas come from, other than saying my head! My mind is constantly thinking about what I can do to make my blog/twitter/life better. I can tell you a story of how #RQWN came to be...There was one day, earlier in the year, when I was up at midnight and couldn't fall asleep. I decided to go onto Twitter, and see what was new. After perusing my feed, I was quickly bored, and decided that I wanted to interact more. So, I sent out a tweet asking, "Who wants to play the random question game?" I didn't think that I would get a lot of responses seeing as it was late at night, but to my surprise, a handful of people said sure! So, I started tweeting out random questions that I thought of off of the top of my head. At the end, someone asked me if I could do it again, and that's how #RQWN was formed! :) As far as Bookitcon, I can say that it was a LOT of hard work, but it was definitely worth the effort. I am thrilled that it was successful, and I am keeping my fingers crossed that it will happen again. 

Emma: How do you manage to have time to run everything, blog regularly, and do everything else in your life?
Nori: I joke around that I have a time machine hidden in my home, but to be honest, I just like being a busy bee. If I have a moment of free time, I find something to fill it. Of course, I'm not saying that it's easy, but if I have a moment of free time, I try to use it to get something done, whether that be for my blog or for real life. It's all about time management and prioritizing.
 
Emma: What's been your proudest blogging moment so far?
Nori: Hmmm, that's a good question. I would probably say putting together the Sunday Street Team or the Book Blogger Creativity Project. Both were ideas that I had no idea if people would support, but they definitely did! I currently have over 80 people signed up for the Sunday Street Team, and I had 118 people sign up for the Book Blogger Creativity Project.

Emma: What's your favorite part of the book blogging community?
Nori: Ooh, I like how you changed up the question! Generally I get asked "what's my favorite part of book blogging" and I answer "the community" but I guess I'm going to have to create a different response for this question. ;) I love the book blogging community because everyone is extremely welcoming. While we may not know each other in real life, that doesn't matter. We respect each other for our blogs, and our determination, rather than just judging one another based on age/job in real life/etc... Also, I have made some amazing real life friends due to blogging, and I can't imagine my life without them. 
 
Emma: What genres do you prefer and why? Are there any you won't read?
Nori: I LOVE fantasy and contemporary! Fantasy allows me to travel into a new world, and gain new experiences. Contemporary generally messes with my emotions and makes me either happy, or contemplative. Both are fun! :) I will read just about anything, barring erotica. 
 
Emma: Are there any upcoming books you're highly anticipating? Any you'd highly recommend?
Nori: SO SO MANY!
Truthwitch by Susan Dennard, Bookishly Ever After by Isabel Bandeira, Liars and Losers Like Us by Ami Allen-Vath, and Fear the Drowning Deep by Sarah Glenn Marsh are the first four that come to mind- but honestly, I could go on for hours upon hours. 

Emma: What's your advice for new book bloggers?
Nori: I actually just posted a two week feature on my blog called Basics of Book Blogging, where I gave tips to newbie bloggers about what to do!
But, to sum it all up, BE YOU. There is no one "true" way to blog, so don't be afraid to veer off of the beaten path. It's okay to forge a new road. Your blog is a success as long as YOU are happy with it. Don't let others scare you into doing something that you don't want to do!
 
Emma: Can you share three random facts about yourself?
Nori: Sure!
1) I'm a speed reader.
2) My favorite color is purple.
3) I love coffee AND tea AND apple cider AND hot chocolate! I can't pick just one.

Emma: Signature question time: what's your favorite fairytale?
Nori: Ooooooh, that's tough. Let me think...I know! I loved Diamonds and Toads!

Thanks so much for stopping by, Nori! If y'all want to find her elsewhere, here are her links and names:
Twitter: @ReadWriteLove28
Instagram: ReadWriteLove28
GoodReads: ReadWriteLove28
Pinterest: ReadWriteLove28
Polyvore: ReadWriteLove28

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...